Interested in learning more about Calgary Mindfulness? That’s wonderful news! We teach mindfulness meditation customized to the needs of children, adults, athletes, corporations & more. We offer:
- a secular curriculum based on developing sensory attention (paying attention to the breath and senses) as well as equanimity (learning to accept the thoughts and feelings of the present moment as they arise.
- The curriculum is customized to suit the needs of your environment (schools, community centers, companies seniors, younger children, older children, athletes, correctional facilities, hospital, etc).
Mindfulness applications..mindfulness meditation has a long history in many cultures all around the world, but has been used in North America for therapeutic and educational purposes since the 1970s. Currently there are thousands of scientific studies that show the following benefits across adult and child populations:
- Better focus and concentration
- Increased sense of calm
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Improved impulse control
- Increased self-awareness
- Skillful responses to difficult emotions
- Increased empathy and understanding of others, kindness, generosity
- Development of natural conflict resolution skills
About Calgary Mindfulness…we provide a basic 8 week program with 2 fifteen minute sessions per week for children K-12, as well as adult groups. The program teaches participants how to pay attention to their senses, their feelings and thoughts, as well as to learn to understand and accept themselves, and how to practice self-compassion, emotional generosity and silent kindness. The program is compact enough to not interfere with curriculum or work hours, and repeats practice of core concepts in an easy-to-grasp manner suitable for both children and adults.
Calgary Mindfulness’ program is effective, short term, and can be offered by in-house teachers, instructors or other coordinator at a school/facility/company once a Calgary Mindfulness facilitator has demonstrated the program to staff. This program is suitable for people of any religious background, since it is completely secular, focusing on the senses, breath, feelings and thoughts of participants, and does not discuss spiritual concepts.
Calgary Mindfulness uses the curriculum of Mindful Schools.