Interested in learning more about Calgary Mindfulness? That’s wonderful news! We teach mindfulness meditation customized to the needs of children, adults, athletes, businesses & more. Our goal is to promote self-reliance and self-regulation as central tenets of mental health and wellness.
- New Workshop! Comprehensive school-wide wellness training for students & staff that is affordable and doesn’t take much time away from core curriculum. Available in person or online as regulations permit. Supporting manuals and activity workbooks included to enable teachers to institutionalize a program that best suits their class needs.
- In-house company stress-management workshops
- Workshops (1, 2 hours or half-day) for children and adult organizations introducing the basics of mindfulness meditation for mental health and wellness. Includes supporting manuals and exercises so leaders / managers can continue to develop a practice.
- Teacher-training (either professional days or staff meetings) to introduce mindfulness meditation to the classroom. Includes all supporting materials that teachers need to institutionalize classroom commitment.
- The core Mindful Schools very comprehensive 8-week program with 2 fifteen minute sessions per week for children K-12, as well as adult groups. The program facilitates each meditation module and offers discussion and supporting activities. Modules include learning to pay attention to the senses, their feelings and thoughts; learning to understand and accept ourselves; practicing self-compassion, emotional generosity and silent kindness. The program is compact enough to not interfere with curriculum or work hours, and repeats practice of core concepts in an easy-to-grasp manner suitable for both children and adults.
Our secular curriculum is based on developing sensory attention (paying attention to the breath and senses) as well as equanimity (learning to accept the thoughts and feelings of the present moment as they arise.
The curriculum is customized to suit the needs of your environment (schools, community centers, companies seniors, younger children, older children, athletes, correctional facilities, hospital, etc).
Mindfulness meditation has a long history in many cultures all around the world, but has been used in North America for therapeutic, wellness and educational purposes since the 1970s. Currently there are thousands of scientific studies that show the following benefits across adult and child populations:
- Better focus and concentration
- Increased sense of calm
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Improved impulse control
- Increased self-awareness
- Skillful responses to difficult emotions
- Increased empathy and understanding of others, kindness, generosity
- Development of natural conflict resolution skills
Which organizations have worked with Calgary Mindfulness?
- Alberta Health Services – Strathmore
- Calgary and Regional Early Childhood Teachers’ Association
- Calgary Board of Education
- Dalhousie Community Kindergarten
- Girl Guides of Calgary
- School Age Care Directors Association
- Tsuut’ina Junior & Senior High School
- Women’s Centre of Calgary
Calgary Mindfulness founder Rosanna D’Agnillo is a certified instructor from Mindful Schools.