Interested in learning more about Calgary Mindfulness? That’s wonderful news! We teach mindfulness meditation customized to the needs of children, adults, athletes, businesses & more. Our goal is to promote self-reliance and self-regulation as central tenets of mental health and wellness. See podcasts for our weekly free meditation, and also they are available as videos here at the Calgary Mindfulness Youtube channel.
- New Workshop! Comprehensive business, school and organization wellness training that is affordable and doesn’t take much time away from core curriculum and work. Available in person or online as regulations permit. Supporting manuals and activity workbooks included to enable teachers to institutionalize a program that best suits their class needs.
- In-house company stress-management workshops
- Workshops (1, 2 hours or half-day) for children and adult organizations introducing the basics of mindfulness meditation for mental health and wellness. Includes supporting manuals and exercises so leaders / managers can continue to develop a practice.
- Management & teacher-training (either professional days or staff meetings) to introduce mindfulness meditation to the classroom. Includes all supporting materials that teachers need to institutionalize classroom commitment.
- The core Mindful Schools very comprehensive 8-week program with 2 fifteen minute sessions per week for children K-12, as well as adult groups. The program facilitates each meditation module and offers discussion and supporting activities. Modules include learning to pay attention to the senses, their feelings and thoughts; learning to understand and accept ourselves; practicing self-compassion, emotional generosity and silent kindness. The program is compact enough to not interfere with curriculum or work hours, and repeats practice of core concepts in an easy-to-grasp manner suitable for both children and adults.
Our secular curriculum is based on developing sensory attention (paying attention to the breath and senses) as well as equanimity (learning to accept the thoughts and feelings of the present moment as they arise.
The curriculum is customized to suit the needs of your environment (schools, community centers, companies seniors, younger children, older children, athletes, correctional facilities, hospital, etc).
Mindfulness meditation has a long history in many cultures all around the world, but has been used in North America for therapeutic, wellness and educational purposes since the 1970s. Currently there are thousands of scientific studies that show the following benefits across adult and child populations:
- Better focus and concentration
- Increased sense of calm
- Decreased stress and anxiety
- Improved impulse control
- Increased self-awareness
- Skillful responses to difficult emotions
- Increased empathy and understanding of others, kindness, generosity
- Development of natural conflict resolution skills
Which organizations have worked with Calgary Mindfulness? These and many more smaller companies and charities.
- Alberta Health Services – Strathmore
- Calgary and Regional Early Childhood Teachers’ Association
- Calgary Board of Education
- Dalhousie Community Kindergarten
- Girl Guides of Calgary
- School Age Care Directors Association
- Tsuut’ina Junior & Senior High School
- Women’s Centre of Calgary
Calgary Mindfulness founder Rosanna D’Agnillo is a certified instructor from Mindful Schools.
Rosanna D’Agnillo, B.A., M.A., is the founder and lead facilitator of Calgary Mindfulness and offers meditation training to children from pre-K to 12, as well as professional and amateur athletes, musicians, teachers, caregivers, front line workers, and all sorts of adults from a wide variety of organizations and companies across North America and Europe.
Rosanna has worked in dozens of schools across Calgary, from all the major school boards, private schools, home-school groups, as well as the Tsuu T’ina Junior & Senior High School. She has provided professional development workshops to every major teacher / out-of-school provider organization in Alberta and given numerous workshops for non-profit groups such as Girl Guides and the Calgary Women’s Centre. She also has worked with many private companies and government organizations to provide staff training in mindfulness and mental health, wellness and self care.
Rosanna is dedicated to promoting self-reliance through healthy discipline, compassionate self-knowledge, and sensible diligence in managing our own mental health and wellness.
Rosanna D’Agnillo is also a Calgary musician & teacher, and a longtime community and wellness advocate. She is the founder of Here We Grow, which promotes local sources and growers of food. Here We Grow is an online store selling a variety of affordable bulk-sized orders of high quality local foods at low-cost delivery or free local pickup. Here We Grow was founded after the first Covid lockdown, where small businesses were at a great disadvantage compared to the biggest stores.